Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
Speak and listen through our Personal Emergency Response Alarm System!
Two-Way Voice Operation!
There are many medical alarm companies with many different types of equipment, so do your homework. If you’re thinking about getting a medical alarm for you or someone you care about, be sure to ALWAYS pay attention to the emergency monitoring service:
• Length of time they have been monitoring Medical Alert/PERS equipment. Do you find 25-30 years?
• If just getting into health care monitoring, what is the level of commitment they are making to this market?
• Training or instruction provided to their phone operators specifically to handle Medical Alert/PERS monitoring.
• Training on how to talk to seniors and understand the challenges that face your 75+ year old customers day to day.
• Training or instruction on issues that impact seniors such as companionship, loss of hearing, loss of sight, loneliness, restrictions in mobility and other physical aliment, fear of being dependent on others, fear of being a “bother” or “burden”, and understanding the frustration over not being able to do what they use to take for granted, etc…
• Know their metric for how they measure the performance of their operators. Is it an environment that will take the time to deal with seniors with a polite, professional and empathetic “phone side manner”?
• Make sure they understand seniors issues and issues of monitoring Medical Alert/PERS accounts: higher number of non-emergency calls, the critical importance of seemingly “minor” or “insignificant” details such as who will feed the fish? Who will check the mail? The center must have a contingency plan for dealing with these issues if the user is taken to the hospital.
• Do they stay on the line until help arrives no matter how long it may take? Some calls will last less than a minute or two, others may take 45 minutes or longer until help arrives.
With MED1stALERT You Get:
No Long Term Commitments . No Expensive Equipment To Purchase
Coverage In The US and Canada . Dependable Service
Does your service have these available options?
Inactivity monitoring is an optional feature that allows us to track movement or activity in the client's home. We can set a timer in the device that will watch for movement (by adding a door contact or motion detector) every 24 hours. Or you can activate the normally hidden "HOME" button on the device that the client must press once every day. Normally, as part of the regular service, you would typically test your device with the Central Station once weekly.
If the panel does not get daily indication that the client is present, it will generate an alarm. We will then send a notification to a primary responsible person's cell phone that there has been no recent activity from the client's home. It is then up to the responsible person to determine if there is cause for concern. Most such events are due to the client's forgetfulness or that they are staying elsewhere for a time. While it's not suitable for most clients, this feature is an excellent tool to track the wellbeing of your loved ones.
Text/Email Notifications of Medical Alarms
We offer an optional service where our monitoring systems can automatically send out an email/text message immediately when we receive an alarm. This automatic message will occur in addition to all other actions that our Central Station will make on behalf of your loved ones.
Monitoring Other Alarm Devices Such as Panic, Burglary, and Fire
We offer optional smoke and carbon monoxide detectors that are easy to add to our medical alert systems. Our device will typically handle as many as 16 detectors of any compatible device such as Medical Alert Devices, Motion Detectors, Magnetic Door Switches, Smoke and Heat Detectors, Panic Buttons, and more, that would normally require an emergency response. Since they are normally required to be mounted on a wall or ceiling and wired/wireless to the alert device, please be aware that many states require a licensed alarm company to install, especially Fire Detection. It is strongly recommended that your hire a competent and licensed contractor for these services.
The devices provided in the MED1stALERT have been used and trusted in the emergency wireless industry for many years, world wide. Does your provider offer the desirable, and often necessity, accessories typically available with these Linear manufactured devices? When you look for your PERS system, be sure the devices provided for your emergency system have the same credentials. Your life, or that of a loved one, may depend on it!
Please contact MED1stALERT concerning additional fees
and availability of these additional services.